Monday, July 7, 2008

Where do I begin

It all started with the need to extend my paying capability, and well I thought (like everyone else), a credit card will do. Back then (1998) I was already earning around 12k but would usually get declined applications due to the company being a new one. I wanted a BPI credit card because of its dual credit limit (one for straight charges, the other for installment).

Then came AIG, issued me a MasterCard with a straight up 20k credit limit, then later a VISA card. Mind you both these cards were a big help. I was able to buy anything and everything we need (and ironically don't need). Until I consumed all the credits. Then came Metrobank's MasterCard, Citibank's VISA and MasterCard. Five credit cards...

My wife and I were handling payment to these cards well, until a family problem (that ends up as financial problems) complicated things. We were thankful for the minimum payment scheme, turns out that that's the same thing that's going to be burden us for the longest time ever...

No comments: