Thursday, July 17, 2008

Credit Cards Are Good

Credit cards, believe me, can actually be of great help to your finances. But only if you know how to make effective use of it/them.

In my experience, all my plastics provided me the conveniences I couldn't have the privilege of getting. My problem started when I couldn't control myself from swiping, on impulse. Some credit card issuers have actually taken steps to address this financial mismanagement problem by coming out with guides on the proper use of these card magic. For me, it was too late the hero.

So if I have a credit card, we ask yourselves, shall I keep it? Yes, if you can manage it/them well.

It helps to keep track of what you NEED and what you WANT. It's what we want that brings us trouble. How do you know if it's a need or a want? If it's something you can't live without (food) then it's a need. If it's something that's nice to have but you can live without (say jewelry) then it's a want. We tend, most of the time, to make impulse purchases because of the tag SALE or DISCOUNT. Again, if you don't need it, don't swipe it.

I actually didn't have any problem with credit card issuers. It was the collectors who tainted their prestige.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tama yung sinabi ni anonymous na:

"If you want something and you can't pay it in cash, you don't need it"

Kasi pinayayaman lang natin ang mga banko at collector na yan kapag inutang mo yung WANT mo.

Ang kailangan lang naman natin ay huwag tayong gumasta ng sobra sa kinikita natin at matutong magbaba ng lifestyle.

reTIRED banker said...

Respect Money. Dont use it to buy your emotional needs.

Anonymous said...

Very well said banker, thanks!

msdalja said...

that's really true... if i could only turn back the hands of time i wish i don't have any card... maybe i could save and just spend my money wisely... lumalakas kasi loob natin pag may cc tayo and before we realize we are into deep trouble.. its already too late ...